One of the highlights of a Disney trip for any child is meeting the characters. Disney offers unique one-on-one opportunities at character meals and there are also lots of opportunities available in the parks as well. Getting a picture, an autograph, or just a hug from your son’s or daughter’s favorite character will create a memory that will last a lifetime. Today, I wanted to offer my tips for character meet n greets.
Here are my top 5 tips for meeting the characters:
1. Pick up the daily Times Guide when you enter the park. This will tell you where to find the character meet n greet locations.
2. While in line for an autograph, have your child turn the page in her book to a blank page. Then, have her hold the book open for the character. Characters’ fingers are too large to turn the pages.
3. The very best pen to use for autographs is a retractable Sharpie pen. These have a wider barrel that makes it easier for the characters to write, and it also keeps everyone from having to fumble with, or possibly lose, a cap.
4. When making dining reservations for character meals, ask the reservationist (or your travel agent – me) for the last available time slot for that particular meal. By the end of your meal, the restaurant will have cleared out and the characters will spend extra time with your children. This goes for breakfast, lunch and dinner time slots (if your little ones can handle dinner hours).
5. For the best princess meet n greet, in my humble opinion, choose the Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in EPCOT. Belle will meet your family right away and take a photo with all of you. Then, Cinderella and Ariel, and all of their princess friends, will individually meet your child at your table. This is a great opportunity for a princess meet. Your child can also participate in the Princess Parade inside the restaurant.
I hope you will find these tips helpful to ensure that your child will have the very best possible character experiences. If you are meeting the characters in the parks, it is one for the best free opportunities Disney offers for lasting, magical memories!
I am a wife, mom, Mimi, and an Authorized Disney Travel Specialist for Pixie Vacations, LLC. Please feel free to contact me at Brenda@pixievacations.com.