Walt Disney created Disneyland so that families could enjoy riding together and creating special memories. Most rides at Disney World were created for families and guests of all ages to enjoy together. Still, there are a few Disney World rides that have height requirements, and some can be a bit scary for little ones as well. Here is the list of rides with height requirements:
Barnstormer – 35″
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 38″
Space Mountain – 44″
Splash Mountain – 40″
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40″
Tomorrowland Speedway – 38″
Test Track – 40″
Soarin’ – 40″
Mission Space – 44″
Dinosaur – 40″
Expedition Everest – 44″
Kali River Rapids – 38″
Primeval Whirl – 48″
Rock N Roller Coaster – 48″
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – 40″
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 40″
These rides are all great fun for the family but if the kids aren’t tall enough to ride or if they are just too darn scared, there is a great option for families — Rider Swap. With Rider Swap, one parent rides while the other parent stays with the child. Then, the parent who waited gets to ride without having to wait in line, while the first parent stays with the child. Your child is never left unattended and you both get to ride. It’s a great option. Here’s how it works.
(directly from the Disney website)
1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Swap is offered at the attraction in question.
2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be given a Ride Swap pass and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2 and gives the Rider Swap pass to the adult member who will be riding. Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Swap Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Swap Pass (but I have seen 3 ride together many times). Also, in addition to the rides listed here with height requirements, Stitch’s Great Escape at Magic Kingdom is included in this option.
I hope this will help you when making your touring plan. I find this to be one of the best options Disney has developed for families. I take full advantage of Rider Swap when I visit. I hope you will too!
If you stumbled upon today’s #Write31days challenge post, please be sure to check out all of the other posts at the main page here.
Let me sprinkle some pixie dust on your next vacation by booking with me. You can contact me at Brenda@pixievacations.com.