Q: How soon can I book my vacation for next year?
A: Disney allows guests to book a stay up to 499 days in advance. You cannot do this online, but you can do it through an agent (me). There are a couple of tricky details regarding the booking though:
- It must be booked 499 days from the check-out date, not the check-in date. In other words, your entire stay must fit into the 499-day mark.
- You may book a room-only stay but not tickets or dining yet. This will lock in the room of your choice. Once the package pricing is released by Disney, I will be able add in the tickets, and a dining plan if you wish, to make it into a package.
- Pricing for the next year is normally released in the Summer of the current year. If you book after the pricing has been released then the price will be accurate. However, booking before pricing is released will provide only an estimate. In that case, a good rule of thumb is to add 7% to the current year’s cost for the same room.
- You must pay 1-night room and tax as the deposit. Later, when the room-only stay is changed to a package, you will receive the original deposit back and you will need to pay the $200 package deposit. I realize this is strange but room-only stays are handled differently than package bookings in Disney’s accounting system.
- As your agent, I will constantly monitor your reservation for any deals Disney might release that would save you money and will apply the discount right away! Never wait for a deal to come out as you may miss out on the room you really want.
Thanks for joining me today. Happy planning!
I would love the opportunity to help plan your trip. You can request a free quote HERE.