It’s always great finding new systems or products that make traveling easier. I have been pretty impressed by stroller clips and other items I have listed on this site. Today, I am highlighting my favorite travel find for 2018. It is (drum roll please…) PACKING CUBES!
One of the hardest things for me while packing for a trip is fitting everything I want to bring into my luggage. This requires even more thoughtful planning since I normally fly Southwest and have to stick to the weight limit. These cubes solved that issue by allowing me to neatly pack all my clothes tightly into these space-saving bags.
I decided to purchase packing ciubes before our June trip to Walt Disney World. I purchased the Bagail brand from Amazon because they were reasonably priced and had nearly 5 stars from more than 2500 reviews. They have made packing for our theme park visit and for our recent Disney cruise so much easier.
They are extremely lightweight and well-made. They look like flimsy cubes but, wow, do they hold a lot of stuff. Here are the specifics on my particular bags:
DETAILS & FEATURES
- Corded double zipper pulls make opening/closing simple and fast.
- Two-way zippered opening for maximum compression.
- Mesh top panel for easy identification of contents, and ventilation. Interior seams fully finished for durability. Soft mesh won’t damage delicate fabrics.
- Webbing handle for convenience when carried by itself.
- A variety of sizes means it can fit in any size daypack, backpack, or suitcase.
- Sizes: Extra Large( 17.5″ x 12.75″ x 4″); Large (13.75″ x 12.75″ x 4″); Medium (13.75×9.75×4); Small (11″ x 6.75″ x 4″); plus laundry bag.
The following photos were taken on packing day for my recent Disney cruise. I used all 4 cubes plus I used the laundry bag in which to pack my shoes. I was able to fit quite a large number of items into each bag. Here is what I was able to fit into the bags:
Extra Large Bag – one pair of jeans, three pair of shorts, two long-sleeve maxi dresses and four midi dresses
Large Bag – ten t-shirts
Medium Bag – one pair of flannel pajamas, five nightshirts and one pair of yoga pants
Small Bag – two 1-piece swimsuits and two swimsuit cover-ups
Laundry Bag – two pair of sandals, two pair of flip flops, one pair of slippers
All the cubes fit neatly into my hardside suitcase. What’s even better is that unpacking in the hotel and on the ship was easy too. Packing this way even kept my clothes less wrinkled than normal.
I will never go back to life before packing cubes. For years, I have used 1- and 2-gallon baggies to pack my clothes in. This is so much easier. For the kids, I will still pack entire outfits into baggies because I include panties, socks, full outfit and matching bows into each large daily baggy and I would need too many cubes for that. For my items, though, packing cubes are the bomb!
And…since I love my guests and I love sharing awesome finds with you, I am giving you a chance to win a set for free! Actually, I will be giving away two sets of Bagail Packing Cubes just like mine — one set for each of two winners.
How can you win? Each lead guest who has booked a 2019 trip with me and any lead guest who books a trip with me through February 1 will have a chance to win a set in the color of their choice.
Here are the contest rules:
- If you have already booked a travel reservation with me for a trip that will convene during 2019, you don’t need to do a thing. I have already entered your name into the drawing.
- 2. If you book a vacation with me on or before February 1, 2019 for a trip that will convene during 2019, you will be entered for the drawing. Trips must follow these rules: Disney vacation that includes at least a 3-night hotel stay and tickets; a cruise vacation of any length; or an all-inclusive package for Sandals or Beaches of any length.
The prize winners will be announce on FACEBOOK LIVE on February 2, 2019 and I will then contact the winners via email. If a trip is cancelled, guest will forfeit entry.
Thanks for reading and good luck!